This is a friendly, free competition for all ages, sharing your talent in making festive sweets at home.
1. Register via the form below, telling us your age category and entry category - choose between:
Decorated Cake (large cake or 4 cupcakes, any theme) - judged only on appearance
Pretty Christmas Treats (eg gingerbreads, small items, 2 on the plate) - judged only on appearance
Tasty Festive Treats (ie non-Christmas theme, another celebration) - judged on flavour
Poem About Food (funny or serious!) - judged on creativity
Please register asap as (a) we need your consent to the rules; (b) we'll email any updates; (c) we may need to close entries if we get too many. You CAN'T just show up on the day with an item - sorry!
2. Create your items and place them on a cardboard base or paper plate by Sunday 4 December
3. Write your name, age category, entry category and phone number on a small piece of paper or sticker attached to the plate/base
4. Deliver your item to the (Lithuanian Club (44 Errol Street, North Melbourne) STRICTLY between 11am and 12 noon (The display will be created at 12 noon, and judges' short lists - so late entries CAN'T be accepted - sorry.)
5. Please use good food hygeine when making Tasty Treats, and don't provide an entry if you have Covid or are unwell
6. You MUST pick up your item between 5.00 and 5.30 pm - we CAN NOT keep cakes or plates after that. Things not reclaimed will be thrown out and that's a waste, so don't forget to pick up. (But this is a display, so only pick up between 5.00 and 5.30pm)
Judging will occur during the event by experienced cooks from the local Country Womens Association.
Judges' decisions are final.
Prize vouchers will be awarded, with a $100 voucher for Best In Show.
Queries - please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that there'll be some baking demonstrations on our outside stage (near the post office) between 2-4 pm, with free tastings - do join in!