This is a friendly, free competition for all ages, sharing your talent in making festive sweets at home.
1. Register via the form below, telling us your age category and entry category - choose between:
Decorated Cake (large cake or 4 cupcakes, any theme) - judged only on appearance
Pretty Christmas Treats (eg gingerbreads, small items, 2 on the plate) - judged only on appearance
Tasty Festive Treats (ie can also be a non-Christmas theme, another celebration) - judged on flavour
Poem About Food (funny or serious!) - judged on creativity
Please register asap as (a) we need your consent to the rules; (b) we'll email any updates.
2. Create your items and place them on a paper plate,cardboard base or compact cardboard box by Sunday 4 December 10.30am. If you want to cover it, please use plastic 'baggies' for small items like cookies, or use clear cellophane (cellophane-type oven bags are good)
3. Write your name, age category, entry category and phone number on a small piece of paper or sticker attached to the plate/base
4. Deliver your item to the (Lithuanian Club (44 Errol Street, North Melbourne) STRICTLY between 11am and 12 noon (The display will be created at 12 noon, and judging will happen then - so late entries CAN'T be judged, sorry.)
5. Kids' POEMS can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6pm Saturday 3 December, or dropped off on 4 December 10.30-11.30 am
6. Please use good food hygeine when making Tasty Treats, and don't provide an entry if you have Covid or are unwell
7. You may DONATE your item to support locals in need, or KEEP it - but if keeping it you MUST pick up your item between 5.00 and 5.30 pm - we CAN NOT keep cakes or plates after that. Things not reclaimed will be given to the charity, so don't forget to pick up. (But this is a display, so only pick up between 5.00 and 5.30pm)
Packet cake mixes may be used for items judged only on appearance
Judging will occur by a qualified judge from the local Country Womens Association. They'll provide brief feedback.
Judges' decisions are final.
Prize vouchers will be awarded, with a $100 voucher for Best In Show.
Queries - please email email@example.com
Note that there'll be prize-giving and a chat with the CWA judge, plus some baking demonstrations on our outside stage (near the post office) between 2-4 pm, with free tastings - do join in!